Recipe by tjfenske
Cheeses can be easily substituted for your favorite.
Top Review by marciet
This was very spinachy. Flavor was nice and savory. Could have maybe used more egg, however probably would not fit into pie crust. Sig other thought it was good. Kids spit it out and I thought it was just O.K. Probably will not make it again for a while.
- 2 cups chopped mushrooms
- 1 pet-ritz deep dish pie shell
- 1⁄2 cup dry progresso breadcrumbs
- 1 cup sharp shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 3 eggs, very slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons Wondra Flour
- 2⁄3 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed & drained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute 1 cup mushrooms and ½ of the chopped onion in butter. Add wine until sauté is complete. Add bread crumbs and mix. Fill bottom of pie crust and push up onto sides.
- In a small bowl add shredded cheese and flour; toss.
- In another bowl add 3 eggs, mayo, spinach, remainder of onion and mushroom, parsley, salt and pepper. Mix well and pour into pie shell.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes, uncovered.