Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 14 mins
A perfect appetizer for your next family gathering or party. A make ahead recipe that is quick, easy and delicious. I would suggest serving the puffies with Dorothy Parks' Horseradish Cream (Horseradish Cream). Prep time includes refrigeration.
- 2 eggs
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup creamy bleu cheese salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package corn muffin mix
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs and add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or until mixture is firm enough to form into balls.
- Shape spinach mixture into 1 inch balls and place on buttered cookie sheets, cover and refrigerate or freeze until serving time.
- Bake refrigerated puffies on a greased cookie sheet at 350°F for 12-15 minutes, 18-20 minutes if frozen, and serve warm.
I don't like spinach, but these are delicious. I love that they can be made ahead of time and frozen. I used them at a wedding reception, making them small enough to fit in mini silver baking cups, and the presentation was very appealing. I did have trouble with them setting up because the step for squeezing and draining the spinach was omitted from the recipe, but I was able to salvage them by adding corn meal and flour a little at a time until they thickened. The flavor was still delicious, even with these additions.