Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 2 (20 ounce) packages frozen spinach
- 1 large carton cottage cheese
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 1 lb shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon pepper
- thaw spinach and squeeze out excess water, melt butter in 9x11" pan and coat the pan with it before adding it to the bowl, combine all ingrediants in a bowl, mix well. Pour into pan bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 min.
Super easy and super good! Made with fat-free cottage cheese that I pureed with my immersion blender (because DH doesn't think he likes cottage cheese!) He ate 2 huge pieces! I also used reduced fat cheddar and topped with a bit of leftover breadcrumb mixture from some chicken I made earlier in the week. Great recipe and I think you could throw in all sorts of meats and veggies to boost the nutrition and make it a main dish. I think a pinch o' nutmeg would be lovely as well. Thanks armywife516!