1/5 Photos of Spinach Cheese Pie
Colorado Lauralee's Note:
This is one of our family favorites. I have been making it for nearly 30 years. Found in the Empire Magazine - The Denver Post 1978
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 6 extra large eggs
- 1/4-1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, cooked & thoroughly drained
- 2 tablespoons minced onions (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 -6 frozen patty shells, partially thawed
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1Thoroughly beat together cream cheese, eggs and cheddar cheese.
- 2Stir in spinach, onion, parsley, salt & pepper.
- 3Press patty shells together with fingertips.
- 4Roll out patty shells, removing any seams, to a circle large enough to fit a 10" pie plate with about 1/2" of dough hanging over the edge of the dish. (For a thin crust, use 4 patty shells; a thicker one use 6 shells.).
- 5(I have also used a 11" x 7" rectangular baking dish with success)
- 6Place dough in pie plate. Flute edges with excess hanging over the plate (Thick fluting will give attractive, puffy edge.).
- 7Let dough rest at room temperature five minutes.
- 8Pour spinach filling into pie plate. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- 9Bake in oven preheated to 425* about 25 minutes or until edges of filling is set and crust is brown or a knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- 10(For some reason, the baking time has varied, so check it and remove when it is 'set' and the crust is nicely browned.)
- 11Remove from oven. Let stand at room temperature about 10 minutes before cutting in wedges to serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach Cheese Pie
Serving Size: 1 (91 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 132.8
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 200.5 mg
- Sodium 305.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 9.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: