Recipe by appetizerqueen
These are fantastic and not as scary (using the phyllo) as one might think. They make a very elegant appetizer; not to mention tasty. From Kraft.
Top Review by TenderLovingCare
First let me say that I rarely follow a recipe as written. I made a filling of crab, cream cheese, garlic and sharp cheddar to fill mine. I also used double sheet of phyllo. They're GREAT! They were the first to disappear at our July 4th party.
- 1 (8 ounce) container cream cheese (with chive & onion optional)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and drained well
- 1⁄3 cup roasted red pepper, drained and chopped (fresh red pepper works nicely too)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pepper
- 9 frozen phyllo pastry sheets, thawed
- 6 tablespoons margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together cream cheese, spinach red pepper and pepper until well blended.
- Lay one phyllo sheet on a flat surface and brush with margarine.
- cut phyllo lengthwise into 4 long strips.
- spoon approximately 1 tablespoon filling about an inch from the end of the phyllo strip.
- Fold phyllo over filling at an angle and continue folding like folding a flag until you have a triangle. repeat with remaining phyllo and filling.
- Place triangles on greased cookie sheet, brushtops with margarine and bake at 375, 12 -15 minutes until golden.