1/2 Photos of Spinach Cheese Manicotti (Meatless)
1 hr 25 mins
Adapted from Taste of Home magazine. Prep time also includes time to cook the manicotti noodles. I added cinnamon and nutmeg to the mixture, to taste. Make sure you squeeze the thawed spinach as dry as possible.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (canola or olive)
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded,divided (4 ounces)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated,divided
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 8 manicotti, cooked and drained acording to package directions
- 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1In a small skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil for about 3 minutes, set aside.
- 2In a bowl, combine ricotta cheese, just 1/2 cup of the mozarella, all of the cream cheese, just 4 Tbsp of the Parmesan,the Italian seasoning, and the pepper until smooth.
- 3Add the onion mixture to the cheese mixture, along with the spinach (along with a dash to taste of both freshly grated nutmeg and some cinnamon).
- 4Fill the cooked manicotti noodles either with a spoon or by piping the mixture (using a decorating bag or a ziptop bag with one end snipped off).
- 5Pour half of the sauce into the bottom of a greased 9x13" casserole.
- 6Place filled manicotti in the pan on top of the sauce, then pour the remaining sauce over the top.
- 7Cover an bake at 350 F 25 minutes.
- 8Remove the cover, sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese and bake another 5-10 minutes more to melt cheese.
Browse Our Top Manicotti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach Cheese Manicotti (Meatless)
Serving Size: 1 (360 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 527.1
- Calories from Fat 330
- Total Fat 36.6 g
- Saturated Fat 19.3 g
- Cholesterol 109.0 mg
- Sodium 922.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 12.0 g
- Protein 26.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian seasoning