Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are soo easy and make a very colorful plate presentation. This recipe from the Canned Food Council.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can spinach, well drained and chopped (or you can use frozen)
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 6 cooked lasagna noodles
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom pieces
- 2 stalks green onions, chopped
- Preheat over to 350 degrees F.
- Sauté onion and garlic in oil over medium heat until tender.
- Add spinach and cook until very dry.
- Stir occasionally.
- Add spinach mixture to cheeses, egg, sugar and pepper.
- Spread ½ c of this mixture onto lasagna noodle and roll up.
- Repeat with rest of the noodles.
- Place in greased baking pan and bake until hot (20 min).
- Meanwhile, heat sauce, herbs and mushrooms.
- Spoon hot sauce onto plates.
- Cut lasagna rolls into thirds.
- Place cut side up on sauce.
- Sprinkle with green onion.
This is a delicious recipe. I altered it a bit by baking it with the sauce under and on top of rolls. I also added grated mozzarella on top.
Yummy!! Loved this and will make again when I make my tomato meat sauce.
This is so great! I didn't have ricotta cheese, so I improvised by using mozzarella instead. I didn't have canned spinach either, and I just used fresh spinach. Yummy! My husband loves it a lot. Thanks for sharing this recipe.