Recipe by Mirj
Passover is usually holiday where we tend to eat nonstop. At least with this kugel I don't feel so guilty.
Top Review by Glori-B
"Zing" went the strings of my heart! (as the old song goes) Perfectly yummy, delicious, and delectable. The only change I made was one of necessity: I thought I had enough white cheddar (DH was looking particularly guilty for a reason, I guess) but when it proved insufficient, I added pepper jack to make up for the lack. It was awesome! The occasional bite of jalapeno worked out great. In fact DH wants an all pepper jack version. Cool! Thank you Mirj for a great kugel. We loved it!
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach
- 1 cup white cheese (1/2% fat) or 1 cup yogurt
- 2 cups low fat cottage cheese
- 4 eggs or 6 egg whites, beaten
- 1 cup matzo meal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice