Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
From a 30-year-old book of recipes from the Beverly Hills Branch of Haddasah. Some good!
- 16 ounces egg noodles
- 3 eggs
- 1 pint sour cream
- 2 ounces onion soup mix (1 envelope)
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, defrosted
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile beat eggs and add sour cream, onion soup mix, and drained spinach. Beat together.
- Drain noodles, add egg mixture to noodles and mill well.
- Pour into 9" x 13" casserole, and sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for one hour. Allow to set 10 minutes before cutting.
Very, very good. I used multi-grain spaghetti instead of the egg noodles as a personal preference and cut the recipe in half which I think may have made it a little on the dry side. I used fresh spinach that I sauteed in a little Smart Balance blend because I don't like frozen. I believe I used a little more that 5 oz of spinach but we love spinach. We loved the flavor that the onion soup added to the recipe. I think this would be great with a little added chopped bacon. We will make this one again. Thanks so much for sharing.