Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A delicious sandwich made by a local deli.
- 1⁄2 bag fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 cup grated swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 4 -8 slices rye bread
- 4 -8 slices bacon
- Mix spinach, swiss cheese, parmesan cheese, mayonnaise and mustard until well blended.
- Spread on bread of your choice, I prefer rye.
- Add 2-3 slices crisp bacon (to save time, I sprinkle bacon bits on instead).
- Butter bread and toast on hot griddle.
- Serve with chips and a pickle.
I modified this for what I had on hand. Instead of mayonnaise I used ricotta and I only added 1 tbsp of mustard as 2 would have been too much for me. I didn't have any bacon but I imagine it would have been good! I served them with tomato soup.
Idea is great, just modified it dramatically due to what was in my fridge. I mixed the fresh spinach with shredded mozarella and cottage cheese, added musterd and a tiny spoon of mayonaise, than spread it on my (dark) bread and put some slices of pastrami on top. Grilled and it tasted delicious!! thank for a great idea.
Decent sandwich, a step up from grilled cheese, to be sure. Being a vegetarian, I made it without the bacon, and I'm betting that ingredient makes it a whole lot better.