Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A delicious sandwich made by a local deli.
- 1⁄2 bag fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 cup grated swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 4 -8 slices rye bread
- 4 -8 slices bacon
- Mix spinach, swiss cheese, parmesan cheese, mayonnaise and mustard until well blended.
- Spread on bread of your choice, I prefer rye.
- Add 2-3 slices crisp bacon (to save time, I sprinkle bacon bits on instead).
- Butter bread and toast on hot griddle.
- Serve with chips and a pickle.
Idea is great, just modified it dramatically due to what was in my fridge. I mixed the fresh spinach with shredded mozarella and cottage cheese, added musterd and a tiny spoon of mayonaise, than spread it on my (dark) bread and put some slices of pastrami on top. Grilled and it tasted delicious!! thank for a great idea.
Decent sandwich, a step up from grilled cheese, to be sure. Being a vegetarian, I made it without the bacon, and I'm betting that ingredient makes it a whole lot better.
We loved this sandwich!! My DH said "this is a keeper" dubbed it the "spinach Reuben" and devoured every bite! Made it just as written but with MSF vegetarian bacon. We're already looking forward to the next time! Yummm!!! Thank you maddy331 for posting!