Recipe by R. Warren Meddoff
Great for Super Bowl parties! Serve with toasted pita bread made by opening the pita horizontally, brushing the two halves with olive oil and baking at 375 degrees until golden and crisp.
- 1 (10 ounce) bag fresh spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1 (4 ounce) containercrumbled feta cheese
- 4 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place spinach in a large pot or skillet and sprinkle with about 1 tablespoon water. Cook over high heat, tossing with tongs, until wilted and bright green. This will take mere minutes. Place in ice water to chill quickly. Drain, squeezing out excess water. Chop spinach; set aside.
- Heat oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until golden. Add parsley and cook about 20 seconds until bright green.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine feta, Monterey jack and cream cheese. Mix to blend completely. Add garlic mixture and spinach; mix to combine. Add pepper and mix.
- Place in an ovenproof dish or four individual ramekins. Sprinkle with parmesan. Bake 20 minutes until golden. If top doesn't brown enough, you can run them under the broiler 1 to 2 minutes.