Recipe by Sharon the Rocket
From Parade Magazine: Looks terrible but taste absolutely awesome!! Easy to make and quick to get eaten. (I FIXED THE DIRECTIONS!! THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO REVIEWED AND EXPRESSED CONFUSION - I'M SORRY I HAD LEFT OUT WHEN TO ADD THE REST OF THE BUTTER AND FLOUR! ALL CORRECTED NOW!!
Top Review by shimmerchk
Yummy! Veggie hating dd loved it and veggie loving ds gobbled up 2 portions...and he is only 15 months old. :) I cut the recipe in half, and used 2 tablespoons of smart balance spread instead of butter in the casserole and sauteed the onion and garlic in EVOO. I used half 2% milk cheddar and part skim mozzarella. I used whole wheat flour instead of all purpose flour and baked this for exactly an hour. It was a great side dish to compliment the honey mustard chicken I made, the best part was that the leftovers made a great breakfast. This is a keeper for sure, thanks so much for sharing!
- 2 (566.99 g) package frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 118.32 ml butter, melted
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 453.59 g low fat cottage cheese (approx. 2 cups)
- 29.58 ml all-purpose flour
- 453.59 g low-fat sharp cheddar cheese, grated (approx. 4 cups)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Drain spinach well. Saute onion and garlic in 2 Tbsp of the melted butter.
- Mix spinach with eggs, cottage cheese and cheddar cheese, additonal 6 Tbsp butter, and flour. Add sauteed onions and garlic and mix together. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour into prepared dish and bake for 1 hour.