1/1 Photo of Spinach-Cheese Bread Rolls
1 hr 25 mins
Prepare your favorite recipe for a 1 pound white bread dough for this, make in your bread machine or on a stand mixer, or if you are one of those people that do not have experience in dough-making just go and purchase a loaf of frozen store-bought bread dough and thaw according to package directions....no shaping for these rolls, the dough is stuffed, rolled, sliced like sweet roll dough and baked in muffin tins. The dough for this recipe must have had it's first rise and punched down. Prep time does not include preparing the dough. Mozzarella or provolone cheese can be subbed for the Monterey Jack.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb prepared white bread dough
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach (thawed and completely hand-squeezed dry)
- 3/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, lightly packed
- 5 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed (if you are a dill lover then use 1/2 teaspoon more)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (do not use fresh garlic for this as it will be too overpowering!)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1Spray 15 muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2Roll out prepared dough on a very lightly floured surface into a 15x9-inch rectangle (if the dough is difficult to handle, cover with a clean towel and let rest for 5-8 minutes).
- 3Position your dough so the long edge runs parallel to the edge of your work surface.
- 4In a bowl combine the spinach, both cheeses, green onions, dill weed, garlic powder and black pepper; combine well.
- 5Sprinkle the spinach mixture evenly over the dough to within 1-inch of the long edges.
- 6Starting at the long edge roll up tightly.
- 7Pinch the long seam closed with fingers.
- 8Using a serrated knife cut the rolls into 1-inch slices.
- 9Place each roll into a muffin cup.
- 10Cover with a clean tea towel, and let rise in a warm place for about 30-35 minutes, or until the rolls are slightly puffy.
- 11Set oven to 375 degrees.
- 12Bake for about 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach-Cheese Bread Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (39 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 55.8
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 13.3 mg
- Sodium 138.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 3.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: