Recipe by Michelle S.
I think this is another Pillsbury recipe! Try to use a bagette no more than 3 inches wide. These are great as an appeitzer or served with soup.
Top Review by PanNan
This has to be the easiest and quickest recipe for a delicious and healthy light meal. DH is not much of a spinach eater, but he gobbled these up and asked for more! We ate late, and wanted something light, but with soup or salad this could also be a heartier meal. Thanks for sharing this appetizer or "meal in minutes" recipe. It will be a repeat here.
- 1 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed to drain well
- 1 (8 ounce) can pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 32 slices French baguettes (1/4 inch thick)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, combine spinach, pizza sauce, 1 c.
- of mozzarella cheese, the Parmesan cheese, and garlic; mix well.
- Spread 1 T.
- of the mixture on each bagette slice.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Broil 4- 6 inches from heat for 2- 3 minutes or until appetizers are hot and cheese is melted and edges of bread are toasted.