Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Fun idea on a traditional recipe.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (4 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 (1/2 ounce) packet dry vegetable soup mix
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, mix together the spinach, cream cheese, water chestnuts, vegetable soup mix, mayonnaise and Cheddar cheese until well blended.
- Form into a ball, and roll in chopped walnuts. (This is where you can shape it into a christmas tree, cover it in parsley. Use small peices of water chestnuts, and maybe pimentos to use as ornaments.).
- If the mixture is too soft to form a ball, refrigerate for about 30 minutes to set.
- Wrap the cheese ball in plastic wrap, and refrigerate overnight to blend the flavors before serving with your favorite crackers.