1/1 Photo of Spinach & Cheddar Stuffed Chicken Breast in Creamy Gravy
Chef #1134491's Note:
Something I just made up one day looking for something different for dinner. I like it because its fairly simple but looks really gourmet and it taste delicious. I suggest serving with Mashed Potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat Oven to 365.
- 2Thaw and Clean Chicken Breast Removing Any Excess Fat.
- 3Slice Chicken Breast Horizontally (Flat on Cutting Board) through the Center Creating a Pocket for Stuffing.
- 4Chop Desired Amount of Onions. approximately 1/4 to 1/2 of Onion.
- 5Sautee Onions in 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil. Sprinkle salt & pepper to taste over onions while sauteeing. (If any oil left after sauteeing, save it for gravy).
- 6Boil Spinach in pot of approximately 1/3 cup of water and 1 tablespoon of butter until most of water has boiled off. (Spinkle salt to taste in spinach).
- 7Pour just enough vegetable oil to cover the bottom of oven baking pan and place chicken breasts in baking pan.
- 8Season chicken breasts on both sides with Seasoning Salt, Onion Powder and Oregano. Do not season inside pocket of chicken.
- 9Open flap to reveal inside pocket of chicken. Place a layer of cheddar cheese first. Then place a layer of the Sauteed Onions. Next a layer of Cooked Spinach. Finally sprinkle salt to taste over last layer of spinach.
- 10Close the flap as well as possible. It may not close completely depending on how much you stuffed it. It is fine if its still open a bit.
- 11Place in oven uncovered for 35-45 minutes.
- 12While chicken is cooking in oven, prepare package of chicken gravy according to package ingredients. If you have any oil left from sauteeing the onions, pour up to 2 teaspoons of the oil in the gravy for more flavorful taste.) During this time you can also make the mashed potatoes I suggested.
- 13When chicken is finished in oven, Pour desired amount of gravy over the chicken and enjoy! (Gravy can also be used for mashed potatoes).
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach & Cheddar Stuffed Chicken Breast in Creamy Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (224 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 163.5
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 68.5 mg
- Sodium 176.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 29.6 g