Recipe by JillAZ
This recipe comes from my sister everyone who tries it begs for the recipe. Very Yummy!
Top Review by lucy k.
Great combination of textures and flavours, wonderful dressing. I used rice wine vinegar. I don't like salad to have too much dressing, so would recommend serving dressing on the side. Thanks for posting.
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 bunch spinach, torn to bite size (or use baby spinach)
- 1⁄2 head cauliflower, sliced
- 1 large avocado
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons olive oil or 6 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry basil
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place spinach and cauliflower in a large bowl.
- Peel and slice avocado and dip in lemon juice to prevent discoloring.
- Add to bowl.
- Combine oil, vinegar, garlic, salt, mustard, basil, nutmeg and black pepper.
- Blend well.
- Pour over vegetables and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with toasted almonds.