Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe comes from my sister everyone who tries it begs for the recipe. Very Yummy!
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 bunch spinach, torn to bite size (or use baby spinach)
- 1⁄2 head cauliflower, sliced
- 1 large avocado
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons olive oil or 6 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry basil
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- fresh ground black pepper
- Place spinach and cauliflower in a large bowl.
- Peel and slice avocado and dip in lemon juice to prevent discoloring.
- Add to bowl.
- Combine oil, vinegar, garlic, salt, mustard, basil, nutmeg and black pepper.
- Blend well.
- Pour over vegetables and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with toasted almonds.
Great combination of textures and flavours, wonderful dressing. I used rice wine vinegar. I don't like salad to have too much dressing, so would recommend serving dressing on the side. Thanks for posting.
A very different combination of salad ingredients!My husband does not like nuts in his salads and my kids do not like avocado. We all agreed the dressing was very good. I enjoyed the uniqueness.