Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I'm on a quest to revamp some of my recipes to make them WW friendly. This was from the WW site and I changed it to make it even less points.
- 16 ounces spinach, cooked and well-drained
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 ounces fat-free cottage cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a non-stick skillet with cooking spray and sauté the shallot and garlic until softened. (I had to add a splash of water to keep them from browning).
- Mix the shallot, garlic and spinach together, and then fold in the cottage cheese, eggs and the parmesan cheese, sprinkle in the chili flakes. Add a generous amount of freshly ground pepper, and some salt to taste (I added about a tsp of kosher course salt).
- Bake uncovered for 40 minutes.
- The original recipe called for 2% cottage cheese, melted margarine, and shredded cheddar - I eliminated them to make this down from a 4 pt side to a 2 pt side. I think it tasted really good!
Yum! I used a little less than a half lb. of fresh spinach that I wilted slightly while cooking the shallot and garlic. I pulsed it couple times in the FP to chop it. Turned out great! Thanks posting the recipe.
Loved this light casserole although next time I will skip the chili peppers
Delicious! I used onion instead of shallots.