Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Got this delicious and simple to make recipe from my oldest friend. I double the recipe for Christmas dinner and buffet parties, and it can even be eaten cold as a dip. You can easily make a white sauce en lieu of the creamed soup, if you like. Whichever way you make it, it's dee-lish!
- 2 (10 -15 ounce) boxesof chopped spinach (I prefer fresh)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup or 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup or 1 (10 3/4 ounce) canany other cream soup
- salt and pepper (optional)
- 1 dash nutmeg (optional)
- Cook spinach until done, drain well, return to pan.
- Over a low heat, stir in chunks of cream cheese and the cream of chicken soup
- Keep stirring and heating until all ingredients are melted into a creamy mixture
- Can be served from the pan, but better if baked at 350°F for approximately ten minutes.
This looked so good on paper that I actually went out and bought the cream of chicken soup, since it's not a staple in our house. It was worth the trip...this is super-easy to make and very tasty; a great recipe! I baked it in a greased 8x8 pan, which turned out to be just the right size. It also warms up well the next day (the first time I've ever been glad the kids don't like spinach...more for me! ;o) I also think it would be good with cream of celery or some such to make a vegetarian side dish; perhaps just add a dash of spice if going that route. Dh thought it might make good filling in pita bread; I've been toying with the idea of baking it in pastry shells (and maybe topping with some grated parmesan?) for appetizers...the possibilities are nearly endless! Thanks so much!
This was the surprise hit of our Christmas dinner! It was extremely easy to make and tastes like you slaved over it for hours. It's the best creamy spinach I've ever had! The kids even gobbled it up! Mmmmmm.
very rich and easy to make. It makes alot and like others said, makes a great dip the next day. I might 1/2 the recipe and stuff some chicken breast with this yummy mixture! thanks for sharing! :)