Recipe by mersaydees
This recipe is based on one from Jude W. Theriot’s book, La Meilleure De la Lousiane (The Best of Louisiana). This dish may be prepared ahead and refrigerated. My DH and I purchased this brilliant cookbook at the Pirates of the Caribbean gift shop at Disneyland. This recipe is credited to Mrs. Laura Leach, wife of Congressman Claude “Buddy” Leach, Congress of the United States House of Representatives, Fourth District, Louisiana, Washington, D.C.
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (3 ounce) can onion rings, divided in half
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Prepare a 2-quart oven-proof casserole by buttering or spraying with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cook spinach according to package directions and drain well.
- Crush ½ of the can of onion rings and add to the prepared casserole dish. Mix in the spinach, cream cheese, and mushroom soup. Add pepper to taste. Sprinkle the remaining ½ can of onion rings on the top of the casserole and bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly. Serve hot.