Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another one from grandma's recipe box.... This is from an old newspaper and at the top says "Friendly Gatherings, No matter what is traditional in your family holidays perhaps you might look to a change by trying one of our traditions." Grandma started making this for part of our Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner when I was about 8... Once I was old enough to be in the kitchen cooking, about 9, this was always my dish to prepare....
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ounce) package spinach, chopped and frozen
- 1 (2 7/8 ounce) can French-fried onions
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts
- Heat cream cheese and soup, stirring until blended.
- Thaw and drain spinach.
- Combine soup mixture, spinach, water chestnuts and two thirds of onions in large bowl.
- Pour into a 1 quart casserole dish and crumble remaining onions on top.
- Bake 20 minute at 350.
Made for Photo Tag 08 GREAT recipe Gert! Easy enough for a new Chef to prepare for sure! Very tasty...I finally found the french fried onions ...AND they are SO yummy!