Recipe by Loveasunset3
This recipe came from my sister in law, in Louisiana. I've been making it for 27 years. People that detest spinach ... LOVE IT!!!
- 2 (10 ounce) boxesbird's eye frozen chopped spinach
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (6 ounce) packagekrafts garlic cheese spread
- 4 stalks celery
- 1 medium onion
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 (4 ounce) package sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- microwave the spinach according to pkg directions.
- when cooled squeeze all the liquid out.
- saute onions and celery in 2 tablespoons of butter.
- note: I chop the onion and celery very fine.
- put the 2 cans of mushroom soup into a microwaveable bowl.
- cut the cheese into pieces and add to the soup and microwave until cheese melts (will take 3 minutes, I stop at 1 minute intervals and stir to mix).
- in a large bowl mix all ingredients except bread crumbs and almonds.
- when mixed together well.
- pour into a 2 quart baking dish.
- sprinkle bread crumbs over the top.
- then place the almonds (yes, I said place, it makes for a nice presentation).
- if you don't want to place them evenly just sprinkle over the top
- bake in 325 degree oven until bubbly on sides
- normally 30 - 40 minutes.
- we also use this as a dip omiting the bread crumbs and almonds.