Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 1⁄2 kg spinach
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 400 g mushrooms, sliced
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 400 ml cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons Equal sugar substitute
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Clean spinach well then boil in enough water to cover for 3 minutes.
- Drain spinach, chop finely and pack enough spinach to make four cups.
- In a casserole, heat butter and saute onions until transparent. Add sliced mushrooms and cook thoroughly. Set aside.
- In a bowl, beat eggs and blend bread crumbs, cream of mushroom soup, 1/4 Cup of the grated cheese, salt, pepper, nutmeg, oregano and sugar.
- Add the cooked spinach and onion and mushroom mixture. Transfer to a baking dish and sprinkle remaining grated cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for 35 minutes. Cut into squares and serve.