Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe can be used as either a main dish or a side. Either way it looks and tastes great!
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped portabella mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped raw cashews
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- In a large frying pan, place the oil and the onions, and cook on medium heat until translucent.
- Add garlic, basil, salt and pepper.
- Cook 2 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook 5-10 minutes.
- Serve plain or with rice.
This is really really good! I made it exactly as written except used craisins instead of raisins. Next time (and there will be a next time for sure) I might double the spinach. Make this...trust me....
This is DELICIOUS! I used baby spinach, regular white mushrooms and added a few chicken strips! A YUMMY treat!
This stir fry was quite good, but I found it too salty for me, I think if I make it again I would cut the soy sauce at least in half. It did have good taste, the combination of veggies,cashews and dried fruit was very tasty. I would make it again, but perhaps would not cook the spinach as long, just 'til it was wilted, 10 minutes was way too long. Good luck in the contest!!