This is delicious even if you don't particularly like spinach. The recipe originally called for 10 oz of spinach, but since I don't care for it, I cut it way down. Still gives a little taste without being overpowering.
- 3 ounces frozen spinach, cooked and drained
- 2⁄3 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2⁄3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried basil or 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb frozen bread dough, thawed
- 5 teaspoons flour
- 1 egg white
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Spray baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- In large bowl, mix cheeses, spinach, basil oregano and pepper.
- Divide bread dough into 5 equal pieces.
- Using 1 tsp flour for each, roll each piece into a 5- 6 inch circle.
- Place 1/5 of the spinach filling over half of each circle.
- Fold dough over filling, and use a bit of water to pinch and stick edges together.
- Brush tops with egg white.
- Bake until golden and puffed, 20-25 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite spaghetti sauce.