1/1 Photo of Spinach Calzone
This is delicious even if you don't particularly like spinach. The recipe originally called for 10 oz of spinach, but since I don't care for it, I cut it way down. Still gives a little taste without being overpowering.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 ounces frozen spinach, cooked and drained
- 2/3 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried basil or 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb frozen bread dough, thawed
- 5 teaspoons flour
- 1 egg white
- 1Preheat oven to 375.
- 2Spray baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- 3In large bowl, mix cheeses, spinach, basil oregano and pepper.
- 4Divide bread dough into 5 equal pieces.
- 5Using 1 tsp flour for each, roll each piece into a 5- 6 inch circle.
- 6Place 1/5 of the spinach filling over half of each circle.
- 7Fold dough over filling, and use a bit of water to pinch and stick edges together.
- 8Brush tops with egg white.
- 9Bake until golden and puffed, 20-25 minutes.
- 10Serve with your favorite spaghetti sauce.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach Calzone
Serving Size: 1 (92 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 146.3
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 30.4 mg
- Sodium 268.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 13.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen bread dough