Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
ZWT III. From Simply Pasta and Lasagna.
- 1 lb fresh spinach
- 9 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds, lightly ground
- 1⁄2 cup romano cheese, grated
- 1 ounce flour
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper
- Place the spinach in a pan and cover and cook for 4-5 minutes until lightly wilted.
- Drain the spinach and then cool it.
- Mash the ricotta and beat in the egg and the fennel seeds.
- Season with salt and pepper and then stir in the cheese.
- Squeeze as much excess water as possible from the spinach and then chop it and stir it into the cheese mixture.
- Mix the thyme and flour together.
- With heaping tbs, form the cheese and spinach mixture into small balls and then flatten into patties.
- Roll the patties in the seasoned flour.
- Bring a pan of water to boil and add the patties and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until they rise to the surface.
- Remove with a slotted spoon.