Recipe by Vino Girl
I love to order spinach burritos when I can find them. I didn't even realize that I had a recipe for them until now. From Taste of Home (August/September 1998)
Top Review by njerzy
This is a great and simple recipe; perfect for busy weeknights! Since I am vegan I didn't use any cheese and it still turned out great. The only thing I changed was I didn't bake them as I wanted them soft and not crunchy. Thanks so much for posting this recipe!
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons margarine
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, chopped thawed and drained
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 3⁄4 cup picante sauce or 3⁄4 cup salsa, divided
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded and divided (I like to use Monterey Jack with spinach)
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a skillet, saute the onion and garlic in margarine until tender.
- Add spinach and pepper, cook 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- Place 3 tablespoons of the spinach mixture on each tortilla and top with 1 tablespoon picante sauce and 2 tablespoons of cheese.
- Roll into burrito, place seam side down in a 9 x 13 baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- Top with remaining salsa and cheese and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly.