Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Everyday Food September 2003
Make and share this Spinach Bundles recipe from Food.com.
- 2 eggs
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained VERY well
- 1 tablespoon breadcrumbs
- 2 ounces feta cheese, lightly crumbled
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 4 phyllo pastry sheets, thawed
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk eggs until frothy.
- Squeeze out excess water from spinach, and add spinach to eggs.
- Fold in breadcrumbs, feta, scallions, dill, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Set aside.
- Lay 1 phyllo sheet on a clean work surface. Brush phyllo lightly with oil, and lay another sheet on top.
- Repeat layering phyllo sheets until all are used.
- Cut the stacked sheets into four squares.
- Gently press phyllo squares into the four outer cups of a nonstick cupcake pan, being careful not to tear bottom.
- Spoon 1/4 of the spinach mixture into each lined cup.
- Gather excess dough at top of each filled cup, and twist to seal.
- Bake bundles in oven until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.