Recipe by Courtly
"Impress your breakfast guests with this dish's mixture of fluffy eggs, tender spinach and melted cheeses. Tomatoes add lovely color, while tangy blue cheese packs in a punch of flavor. If you want, sprinkle the top with crunchy walnuts." From taste of home.
Top Review by milkamaiden
I made this for a family brunch and it was deliciously cheesy and fluffy :) Although I was a few ingredients short and had to sub the plum tomatoes for sundried ones in oil and leave out the walnuts, I'll definitely make this again!
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 eggs
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese, divided
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 plum tomato, sliced (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine onion, garlic and butter in a small microwave-safe bowl.
- Cover and microwave 1 minute or until onion is tender.
- In a bowl, lightly beat eggs with whisk.
- Stir in onion mixture, spinach, mozzarella, 3/4 cup blue cheese, diced tomatoes and walnuts.
- Place in a greased shallow 1 quart baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400 for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Garnish with remaining blue cheese and sliced tomatoes if desired.