Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
"Impress your breakfast guests with this dish's mixture of fluffy eggs, tender spinach and melted cheeses. Tomatoes add lovely color, while tangy blue cheese packs in a punch of flavor. If you want, sprinkle the top with crunchy walnuts." From taste of home.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 eggs
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese, divided
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 plum tomato, sliced (optional)
- Combine onion, garlic and butter in a small microwave-safe bowl.
- Cover and microwave 1 minute or until onion is tender.
- In a bowl, lightly beat eggs with whisk.
- Stir in onion mixture, spinach, mozzarella, 3/4 cup blue cheese, diced tomatoes and walnuts.
- Place in a greased shallow 1 quart baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400 for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Garnish with remaining blue cheese and sliced tomatoes if desired.
I made this for a family brunch and it was deliciously cheesy and fluffy :) Although I was a few ingredients short and had to sub the plum tomatoes for sundried ones in oil and leave out the walnuts, I'll definitely make this again!