- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 cup brown sugar, tightly packed
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice or 1 teaspoon lime juice or 1 teaspoon vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Steam the spinach for a couple of minutes, then blend until it’s liquid-ish.
- Add all the dry ingredients and mix until the mixture resembles slightly damp sand.
- Add all the wet ingredients and blend until it looks like cake mix.
- Grease a 6 x 6 pan and pour the mixture in, then bake for 20-30 mins, checking frequently by jabbing a fork in the middle. It should end up with a moist, brownie consistency.