Recipe by Seemefli
Had this at a friends house and it was sooo good!!! I think she got it from Allrecipes.com
Top Review by stonecoldcrazy
This dish is even better at room temperature or cold than it is hot. I used frozen spinach (thawed and squeezed out) and sauteed the onion with a few cloves of minced garlic before adding them to the mix. The squares have a pie crust taste about them after baked, similar to a quiche. I halved the recipe and used a square baking pan, same cooking time, and they turned out perfectly.
- 1 (10 ounce) package spinach, rinsed and chopped
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) packageof shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Place spinach in a medium saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil. Lower heat to simmer and cook until spinach is limp, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, salt and baking powder. Stir in eggs, milk and butter. Mix in spinach, onion and mozzarella cheese.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish. Bake in the preheated oven 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool before serving.