Recipe by JMigs;0)
No one will be able to guess what healthy ingredient these brownies have in them! This recipe is from Parents magazine. I've made them a few times and my kids love them. I'd like to experiment and replace the vegetable oil with applesauce and see if it still turns out good. If you liked these, try my Spinach Brownie Bites Spinach Brownie Bites (From Scratch)!
Top Review by powellr
My 2-year old twins loved these sneaky treats! My husband could not believe they had veggies in them! I added cooked carrots instead of carrot juice. The brownies only lasted two days! We ate them all! We added a few dark chocolate chips before baking, they helped with the rubbery texture.
- 3 large eggs
- 21 ounces brownie mix, family sized box
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup carrot juice
- 1 tablespoon milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9"x13" pan with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray.
- Squeeze out the liquid from the spinach.
- Place spinach, vegetable oil, milk and carrot juice in a blender and puree until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine the brownie mix, 3 eggs, and the spinach mixture until well blended.
- Spread batter into pan and bake 40 minutes.