Recipe by Mama2boys
A wonderful, healthy side dish. Even the kids loved it! I added a bit of parmesan sprinkled on top. From the back of a Pictsweet Spinach bag.
Top Review by Geema
This dish turned out much better than I expected and I will certainly be making it again. I made some alterations to the basic recipe, but I think that's what makes this dish so excellent. It's versatile. Since I was out of spinach I used double broccoli, chopping and steaming 4 cups of fresh broccoli. I also made a light mushroom bechamel sauce then added the egg, mayo and seasonings, mixing everything together and pouring into a baking dish. About 30 minutes later, it was done and devoured shortly afterward!
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 2 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Place frozen spinach in a container and cover with water. Bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 4 minutes, drain.
- Place frozen broccoli in container and cover with water. Boil 3 minutes.
- (I combined the two steps above and boiled for 4 minutes in the same container).
- In large mixing bowl combine soup, mayonnaise, egg, and spices.
- Add cooked spinach and broccoli, mix well.
- Pour into greased quart.
- Bake at 350°F until firm.