Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
A tasty starter for May. When buying the brie, buy one that is not too ripe. If it is quite soft put in the freezer for about 30 minutes before making the making the puffs.
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 8 slices brie cheese, thin slices
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 puff pastry
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven 220oC/425oF/gas mark7.
- Put the spinach in a bowl; stir in half the beaten egg and the nutmeg.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Make the puff pastry.
- Trim to a square, and then cut into four equal squares.
- Divide the spinach equally between the squares, spreading it diagonally over one half.
- of each and leaving a space from the edge.
- Top the squares with Brie slices, dividing them equally between the 4 squares.
- Brush the edges of the pastry with the remaining beaten egg, and then fold the pastry over to form a.
- triangle and enclose the filling.
- Press the edges firmly together to seal them.
- Brush the tops with beaten egg, and then use a sharp knife to make 2 small slits to allow the steam to escape.
- Sprinkle over the parmesan cheese.
- Dampen a baking tray and carefully transfer the triangles on to it.
- Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes, until the pastry is golden.
- Serve the puffs hot or cold.
This was SO delicious. Mine went a little dark after 5 mins, but still tasted awsome! So quick and easy to do ... a perfect after work dinner. Thanks for sharing! Reviewed for Photo Tag 2008