Recipe by chelseajoy
I tweaked this recipe to give it some pizazz for a Brunch Bridal Shower! It was a huge hit and all the girls wanted a copy! It looks very pretty and it's super yummy!! You don't have to use all of the veggies- but it definately adds to the taste and overall look if you do!
Top Review by Amy020
Family opinion: this was just okay. 8 YO DD picked out the ham and let the rest go. Even DH, who eats just about everything, doused it in hot sauce and said "it's not the best." It was really disappointing b/c it actually took 90 mins to bake - the middle took forever - and we were all starving. Sorry!
- 10 eggs (slightly beaten)
- 3 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups soft bread cubes
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1⁄2 cup green onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 lb ham (cut into cubes, or cooked sausage)
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh spinach (drained well and sliced into small pieces)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced black olives
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms (if using canned, drain very well)
- fresh tomato (optional-for color)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325.
- In a large mixing bowl combine eggs, milk, mustard, and salt; stir well.
- Spread 1/2 of bread cubes evenly in the bottom of a greased 9x13 pan.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 of veggies, ham, and cheese over bread.
- Repeat layering using the remainder of the ingredients(not eggs yet).
- Now- pour egg mixture slowly and evenly over casserole
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until your eggs are set.
- Serve with a fruit salad for a beautiful brunch!