Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I tweaked this recipe to give it some pizazz for a Brunch Bridal Shower! It was a huge hit and all the girls wanted a copy! It looks very pretty and it's super yummy!! You don't have to use all of the veggies- but it definately adds to the taste and overall look if you do!
- 10 eggs (slightly beaten)
- 3 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups soft bread cubes
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1⁄2 cup green onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 lb ham (cut into cubes, or cooked sausage)
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh spinach (drained well and sliced into small pieces)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced black olives
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms (if using canned, drain very well)
- fresh tomato (optional-for color)
- Preheat oven to 325.
- In a large mixing bowl combine eggs, milk, mustard, and salt; stir well.
- Spread 1/2 of bread cubes evenly in the bottom of a greased 9x13 pan.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 of veggies, ham, and cheese over bread.
- Repeat layering using the remainder of the ingredients(not eggs yet).
- Now- pour egg mixture slowly and evenly over casserole
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until your eggs are set.
- Serve with a fruit salad for a beautiful brunch!