Prep 30 mins
Cook 55 mins
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage
- 4 cups seasoned croutons
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely shredded carrot
- 2 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- shredded cheddar cheese or monterey jack cheese
- In a large skillet, cook/crumble sausage over medium heat until sausage is browned; drain.
- Spread croutons evenly in the bottom of a 3-quart casserole dish.
- Spread sausage over croutons.
- Top with spinach and carrot.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the milk, eggs, and soup together.
- Stir in the mushrooms, 1 cup cheddar cheese, 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, and dry mustard until mixed together.
- Pour over layers in casserole dish.
- Cover and chill for 8-24 hours.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 325° oven for 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle with additional cheese; bake 10 minutes or until edges are bubbly and center is heated through.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
I made this for my niece's baby shower and it was delicious! Everyone wanted the recipe!!
We love this recipe and it's nice that you make it the nice before. I got the recipe out of the newspaper I believe.