Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is great for brunch serve with Canadian bacon and fruit salad.
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup low-fat jalapeno cheddar cheese
- 8 slices dense white bread (cut into 3/4 inch pieces)
- Heat oven to 375.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, thyme, salt, pepper and nutmeg until blended.
- Stir in spinach, cheese and bread with rubber spatula.
- Pour into 13X9 baking dish.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, or until browned and puffed and knife inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven let stand 5 minutes before serving.