Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
I haven't tried this recipe yet but it sounds like something I would like.
- 5 -6 French rolls
- 1⁄4 cup softened butter, plus
- 1 tablespoon softened butter, divided
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (6 ounce) package processed cheese food, with garlic
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed,drained and squeezed to remove water
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cut rolls in half lengthwise.
- Spread roll halves with 1/4 cup butter.
- In a 1-quart saucepan, cook onion in remaining butter until tender.
- Add processed cheese, stirring until cheese melts.
- Remove from heat.
- Add Spinach, worchestershire sauce, pepper and salt, stirring well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread spinach mixture on roll halves.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake about 8 minutes or until cheese bubbles.