Recipe by gailanng
A meal in itself and fast/easy enough for a quick weeknight dinner or even brunch. Squeeze the spinach in a clean kitchen towel until dry.
Top Review by Debbwl
DH thought we were eating healthy today because I said I was making spinach bread. ROFL. This bread is without a doubt a meal in itself. I made using a mix of mozzarella and parmesan for the top cheese and left off the optional bacon. We enjoyed as is but found that a little Sriracha chili sauce on top was good also, well I did as DH is not fond of Sriracha chili sauce. Thanks for the post.
- 1 loaf French bread, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 (10 ounce) frozen chopped spinach, cooked according to manufacturer's instructions
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- salt & pepper
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese or 8 ounces parmesan cheese, shredded
- 4 bacon, strips cooked crisp and crumbled (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a skillet melt butter, add onion and garlic, saute until clear. Add spinach, salt, pepper, cheddar cheese and cook on low until cheese has just melted. Spread on French bread.
- Spread mozzarella or parmesan cheese over the top then sprinkle with cooked bacon, if desired. Place on cookie sheet and bake until cheese is melted and bread begins to brown around the edges.