Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Mom recipe. Great for gatherings.
- 12 cups fresh spinach
- 1⁄2 cup sliced scallions or 1⁄2 cup green onion
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon fresh marjoram or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Steam the spinach over boiling water until wilted, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Combine the scallions and the garlic in a food processor and process until finely chopped. Cut cream cheese into cubes and add to the processor. Add the herbs, worcestershire sauce, and lemon juice. Process until well blended.
- Squeeze the spinach between your hands to remove as much liquid as possible. This should condense the spinach to about 3/4 cup. Add the spinach to the cream cheese mizture in the processor and process until completely mixed.
- Spoon the cheese into a bowl lined with spinach leaves. Serve at room temperature.