Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A delicious salad that is quite simple to prepare. The walnuts and tomatoes can be prepared ahead of time. Works really well as an entree or a light lunch. The original recipe came from 'Australian Good Taste' magazine and stated serving size was 4, I think it is better as 2 generous serves.
FOR THE DRESSING
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- freshly ground salt & pepper
FOR THE SALAD
- 200 g baby spinach leaves, washed and dried
- 120 g store bought semi dried tomatoes (or use home make oven dried tomatoes, try recipe 14681)
- 100 g blue cheese, crumbled
- FOR THE DRESSING.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Spread the walnuts on a baking tray and cook in the preheated oven for 5-8 minutes until aromatic and toasted.
- Combine the walnuts, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper in a screw top jar and shake well to combine.
- FOR THE SALAD.
- Place the spinach, tomatoes and blue cheese in a large bowl.
- Drizzle with the dressing, toss gently to combine and serve immediately.
Absolutely yummy. I have seen similar recipes but the toasting of the nuts made this extra special. I served this to friends and they loved it
This salad won rave reviews from my friends when I prepared it for them. We all loved the combination of ingredients and everyone asked for the recipe. This is an elegant salad that you can impress your friends with! Thanks so much, ErinSqd15 for sharing this lovely recipe. I will be making it again and again and again.