Recipe by EeeGee
A delicious salad that is quite simple to prepare. The walnuts and tomatoes can be prepared ahead of time. Works really well as an entree or a light lunch. The original recipe came from 'Australian Good Taste' magazine and stated serving size was 4, I think it is better as 2 generous serves.
FOR THE DRESSING
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- freshly ground salt & pepper
FOR THE SALAD
- 200 g baby spinach leaves, washed and dried
- 120 g store bought semi dried tomatoes (or use home make oven dried tomatoes, try recipe 14681)
- 100 g blue cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- FOR THE DRESSING.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Spread the walnuts on a baking tray and cook in the preheated oven for 5-8 minutes until aromatic and toasted.
- Combine the walnuts, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper in a screw top jar and shake well to combine.
- FOR THE SALAD.
- Place the spinach, tomatoes and blue cheese in a large bowl.
- Drizzle with the dressing, toss gently to combine and serve immediately.