1/1 Photo of Spinach, Blood Orange and Macadamia Nut Salad
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 177.44 ml coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- 4 blood oranges (if unavailable, you can use regular oranges)
- 1182.95 ml baby spinach leaves, washed, stemmed, dried and torn into bite-size pieces
- 236.59 ml cooked corn
- 1In a small dry skillet, toast macadamia nuts over medium heat until light golden brown and fragrent, about 2 to 3 minutes; remove from heat.
- 2Peel and section oranges over bowl to catch juices.
- 3Cut segments into 1/2-inch dice.
- 4Reserve juice for dressing.
- 5In large bowl, combine toasted nuts, orange, spinach and corn.
- 6Make dressing: In small bowl, combine garlic, mustard, salt and pepper to taste.
- 7With fork, mash to smooth paste.
- 8Add vinegar and whisk until smooth.
- 9Whisk in oil in thin stream until dressing had thickened.
- 10Whisk in reserved orange juice.
- 11Correct seasoning, adding salt or orange juice to taste.
- 12Just before serving, pour dressing over salad and toss until spinach is lightly coated.
Browse Our Top Citrus Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Citrus Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach, Blood Orange and Macadamia Nut Salad
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 379.6
- Calories from Fat 271
- Total Fat 30.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 45.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 15.5 g
- Protein 5.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sherry wine vinegar