Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This spinach dip is a bit different than most, because of the bleu cheese which I think gives it a wonderful flavor. Prep time does not include overnight chilling time.
- 8 ounces nonfat cottage cheese
- 8 tablespoons plain nonfat yogurt
- 4 tablespoons skim milk
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed of excess moisture
- 3 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon white wine worcestershire sauce
- 1 loaf round pumpernickel bread (for "bowl", and dipping)
- Combine cottage cheese, yogurt and skim milk in a blender or food processor.
- Process until smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients (except bread) and process until thoroughly combined.
- Taste, and adjust amount of bleu cheese and worcestershire sauce to your preference.
- Pour into a bowl and chill in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight to allow dip to thicken and flavors to mellow.
- Hollow out a round loaf of pumpernickel bread (making a"bowl"), leaving at least 1/2 inch thick on bottom and sides of loaf.
- Cut up the bread"insides" that you removed from the loaf into cubes/chunks for dipping.
- Fill the bread"bowl" with the chilled dip to serve.
- *You can add more bleu cheese and/or worcestershire sauce to your taste.
If you like bleu cheese - THIS is your dip. I served it in a bread bowl of pumpernickel and it was superb! Definately let it stand for a few hours - the flavors really blend well (as with most dips). I enjoyed this dip cold and DH liked it warm. Very versitle!