Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Super easy and yummy little appetizers
Make and share this Spinach Bites recipe from Food.com.
- 300 g package frozen chopped spinach
- 250 g sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 59.14 ml mayonnaise
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 6 English muffins, halved
- Cook spinach according to package directions. Squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
- Mix all ingredients except english muffins.
- Toast or broil english muffins.
- Spread spinach mixture on english muffins.
- Bake 10 minutes at 350°F.
- Cut each english muffin half into quarters (or into 6).
Yummy little bites! I would definitely use this as an appetizer for one of my parties this winter. I like that you can play around with the different cheeses. I did not have any sharp cheddar, but had some cheddar blend and some pepper jack cheese. I was a little hesitant about the lemon (not a huge fan), but it added a nice depth of flavor. Thank you for sharing. Made for PAC Fall 2011.
Delicious little bites! I had some goat's milk feta that I needed to use and because spinach and feta pair so well, I used that instead of cheddar. Otherwise, followed the recipe, except for halving it. I used "double fiber" honey wheat English muffins. To toast the muffins, I spread them out on the baking sheet and put them in the oven for 5 minutes before adding the spinach for the additional 10 min. The combination of flavors with the tart lemon juice, salty feta, and "earthy" spinach was perfect. Thanks for sharing!
These are just terrific! I used fresh spinach instead of frozen, otherwise made as directed. The spinach/cheddar/garlic combination was great and the english muffins were perfect to hold it all. Thanks for sharing this recipe! Made for Fall PAC 2009