- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup cubed process American cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- oyster crackers (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 3 quart saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender.
- Stir in the flour, salt, and nutmeg until smooth.
- Gradually whisk in milk and water.
- Add cheese; cook and stir over medium heat until melted.
- Add spinach; cover and simmer for 4-5 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve with oyster crackers in desired.