Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I haven't tried this, just posting for safe keeping. It does sound delicious though. Found it in the Sunday paper.
- In a 3 quart saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender.
- Stir in the flour, salt, and nutmeg until smooth.
- Gradually whisk in milk and water.
- Add cheese; cook and stir over medium heat until melted.
- Add spinach; cover and simmer for 4-5 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve with oyster crackers in desired.
Amazing. Loved it!!
Excellent Soup! I have made this several times and it's great. I noticed different brands of spinach taste differently, some even fishy. what worked best was thawing the spinach over running water, squeezing excess water out and placing in soup right away. I have also used broccoli instead and it was good I did use an extra cup of cheese to make it cheesier.
This soup was wonderful. My mother was visiting for 2 weeks and it made a nice lunch for us with some homemade bread! I think the next time I make it I am going to substitute chicken broth or stock for the water. Thanks for the recipe pinkie!