Recipe by Olha
Tastes like a fondue you can eat out of your hand. Has a colorful crust. Good hot or cold. Different and colorful. The pizza sauce is slightly chunky from onion. Good flavor without being strong. A fast and tasty favorite for many.
SPINACH BISCUIT PIZZA CRUST
- 2 cups biscuit mix
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄3 cup milk
FAVORITE TOMATO PIZZA SAUCE
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic cloves, minced or 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (10 ounce) . can condensed tomato soup
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried sweet basil leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon chopped chives
- 1 pinch ground thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups grated gruyere cheese
- 1⁄4 cup white grape juice or 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup favorite tomato pizza sauce (or other)
Directions See How It's Made
- FOR THE CRUST: Mix all 4 ingredients well in medium bowl to form soft ball. Knead on lightly floured surface 8 times. Roll out and press in greased 12 inch pizza pan, forming rim around edge if desired.
- FAVORITE TOMATO PIZZA SAUCE: Cook onion and garlic in water in medium saucepan until soft. Do not drain.
- Add remaining 11 ingredients. Stir together. Bring to a boil. Boil slowly for about 15 minutes until thickened. Add a touch of water if too thick. Discard bay leaf. Makes 1 1/2 cups.
- FOR THE CHEESE MIXTURE: Prepare pizza dough. Roll out and press in greased 9 x 13 inch pan, forming rim around edge.
- Beat egg and flour together well in medium bowl.
- Stir in next 5 ingredients.
- Spread sauce over crust. Spoon cheese mixture over sauce. Bake on bottom rack in 350°F oven for 15 to 20 minutes. Cuts into 24 squares.
- Company's Coming.