Recipe by Z,G,L's mom
My cousin brought this to our family Christmas dinner. It was so good and fresh tasting. A welcome change from all the traditional holiday fare! This sounds really easy. She had red raspberries but I'm sure you could use the black ones! I am guessing on the prep time and cooking time for the dressing.
- 1 (10 ounce) bagpre-washed Baby Spinach
- 6 ounces fresh red raspberries
- 6 ounces fresh blackberries
- 2 ounces slivered almonds
- 1 small sweet onion, thinly sliced into rings (optional)
- 1 pinch fresh ground black pepper (optional)
- 12 ounces seedless raspberry jam (red)
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil or 1⁄3 cup oil, of your choice
- 4 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 -3 tablespoons . sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the spinach,berries almonds and onion(if using) in a large bowl and toss.
- In a saucepan combine the jam,vinegar and sugar. Heat on med.-low heat until jam is melted. Remove from heat and whisk in the oil til well combined.
- Spoon on the dressing when you are serving.
- Sprinkle on a little ground pepper if you choose.